If you are a top college sophomore, junior, or senior interested in that great intersection of company, language, and culture— this two-week program is actually for you. This intensive knowledge, provided by IU CIBER (the Indiana University Center for Global company knowledge and Research) brings to life the phrase, “Business is worldwide.”
This program's curriculum, sustained by the Chinese Flagship Center, the Swahili Language Division, together with Turkish Flagship Center in the IU class of worldwide and Overseas Studies, will expose you to the less-commonly taught international languages talked during these promising economies:
- Mandarin Chinese: East Asia
- Swahili: East Africa
- Turkish: Turkey
Throughout the two-week program, you will definitely:
- Learn about the countries and interaction varieties of these areas and countries.
- Stay-in an IU residence hall that has been changed to mirror the foodstuff, décor, and pop tradition associated with the targeted areas.
In addition, you will gain a basic understanding of the company practices of North America, East Asia, East Africa, and chicken through an accelerated curriculum on the basis of the Kelley School of company’s top-ranked undergraduate system. These company classes will give you a fundamental understanding of business language and an over-all overview of how organizations work also discuss present activities.
Summer 2016 Program: July 3-July 16
- Sunday, July 3: individuals are required to-arrive because of the designated time. Program positioning starts.
- Monday, July 4: individuals will love an Independence Day parade followed closely by daily of teambuilding and leadership instruction, and shutting with a unique 4th of July dinner.
- Tuesday, July 5-Friday, July 15: Weekdays is going to be divided in to three-day sections that will consider among the three languages and cultures. Mornings will include a small business program and a language program. Afternoon sessions is going to be primarily interactive and experiential and will include local culture sessions, along with political and business climate sessions. This time around may also consist of team conversations, profession information sessions, and cultural and region-specific activities. Members may also be given time and energy to run their particular final, group jobs.
- Saturday, July 16: provide final group project. There may be an Awards Ceremony and Closing Reception to officially end this program. Families are thank you for visiting go to the finishing Reception.
Students will leave the program following closing ceremony on Saturday mid-day (July 16).
Programs available Oct. 28, 2015. The due date for applications is April 7, 2016. All members may be informed of acceptance by April 15. A non-refundable deposit securing a student’s area inside program is born by noon on 2, 2016. The ultimate system repayment is born might 27, 2016.
Application Criteria: Open to Rising Twelfth Grade Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
The summertime program is designed especially for increasing high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in mastering more about less commonly taught languages, worldwide company basics, and cultures and practices of appearing economies internationally.
Expenses and Scholarships: $1, 800 Program Fee; Comprehensive Scholarships Available
The all-inclusive $1, 800 system fee includes meals, lodging and class room products during the two-week system, including access to countless sources in the IU campus and many different in the offing social activities and activity.
Merit-based and need-based CIBER scholarships are available.
Merit-based honor: $900 (considering GPA, article, and Scholarship Application form)
Need-based award: $1, 800 (centered on proven eligibility for free/reduced lunch [Request for registers form] and Scholarship Application form)
Deadline: finish the CIBER scholarship application and article before April 7, 2016.
All grant applicants' school registrar or assistance therapist must distribute the obtain registers kind before April 7, 2016. Registrar forms is only able to be came back via fax or mail. They can not be emailed or completed on the web.