TitleProfessor of procedure, Radiology/Nuclear medication and Biomedical Engineering, Chief of Surgical Oncology, Director of Surgical and Nuclear Oncology Research OfficeAHC2 284Phone305.348.6185EmailBiography
Dr. Seza Ali Gulec is the founding Chief of Surgical Oncology and Endocrinology and Director of medical Research. Dr. Gulec received their health level at Ankara University College of drug, Ankara, Turkey. He's competed in surgery at Louisiana State University wellness Sciences Center in New Orleans, Los Angeles, in atomic medicine and atomic oncology within Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in ny, NY, as well as in medical oncology during the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica, CA. Dr. Gulec's regions of medical expertise feature remedy for thyroid and parathyroid diseases, carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumors, melanoma, cancer of the breast, main and metastatic liver types of cancer, and pancreatic cancer. Dr. Gulec is a well established specialist in surgical and nuclear oncology areas. The main focus of his research is molecular imaging and targeted radionuclide therapy in solid tumors. His laboratory is actively mixed up in growth of novel positron Emission tomography (animal) imaging representatives, and radioimmuno, radiopeptide and radiomicrosphere therapy methods. Dr. Gulec features authored landmark publications in lymphatic mapping, sentinel node biopsy, radioguided surgery, radionuclide treatment, and molecular imaging. Dr. Gulec is a Fellow of American College of Surgeons and member of Society of Surgical Oncology and community of Nuclear medication and Molecular Imaging
Their aspects of expertise through the surgical treatment of thyroid gland and parathyroid conditions, carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumors, melanoma, cancer of the breast, primary and metastatic liver cancers, and pancreatic disease. Dr. Gulec is a recognised specialist in surgical and nuclear oncology. He's got authored landmark publications in lymphatic mapping, sentinel node biopsy, radioguided surgery, radionuclide treatment, and molecular imaging. The primary focus of Dr. Gulec’s existing scientific studies are molecular imaging and targeted radionuclide treatment in solid tumors. Their laboratory is actively involved in the development of book PET imaging agents, and radioimmuno-, radiopeptide, and radiomicrosphere therapy strategies.
Seza Gulec, M.D. got their health training at Ankara University College of Medicine in chicken (M.D., 1984). Dr. Gulec competed in surgery at Louisiana State University wellness Sciences Center in New Orleans, Los Angeles. He afterwards trained in medical Oncology at John Wayne Cancer Institute (Santa Monica, CA). Dr. Gulec normally trained in Nuclear drug and Nuclear Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering cancer tumors Center (nyc, NY). Dr. Gulec could be the Chief of medical Oncology, and Director of Research in the division of procedure.
Selected current journals:
- Gulec SA, Suthar R, Barot TC, Pennington K. The prognostic value of functional tumefaction volume and complete lesion glycolysis in patients with colorectal disease liver metastases undergoing (90)Y selective interior radiotherapy plus chemotherapy. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011 Jul;38(7):1289-95. Epub 2011 Apr 2
- Gulec SA, Cohen SJ, Pennington KL, Zuckier LS, Hauke RJ, Horne H, Wegener WA, Teoh N, Gold DV, Sharkey RM, Goldenberg DM. Treatment of Advanced Pancreatic Carcinoma with 90Y-Clivatuzumab Tetraxetan: A Phase I Single-Dose Escalation test. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Jun 15;17(12):4091-100. Epub 2011 Apr 28.
- Gulec SA, Sztejnberg Gonçalves-Carralves M, Mesoloras G, Jevremovic T, Siegel JA Hepatic Structural Dosimetry in Y-90 Microsphere Treatment J Nucl Med. 2010; 51(2): 301-10
- Lee JH, Gulec SA, Kyshtoobayeva The, Sim MS, Morton DL. Biological Factors, Tumor development Kinetics, and Survival after Metastasectomy for Pulmonary Melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16(10):2834-9
- Gulec SA, Selwyn R, Weiner R et al Nuclear medication tips for Radiomicrosphere Therapy Using Y-90 microspheres in Patients with Primary and Metastatic Liver Cancer J Interventional Oncology 2009; 2: 26-39
- Hindié E, Ugur O, Fuster D, O'Doherty M, Grassetto G, Ureña P, Kettle A, Gulec SA, Pons F, Rubello D; Parathyroid Task Group of the EANM. 2009 EANM parathyroid recommendations. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2009; 36(7):1201-16.
- Kennedy AS, McNeillie P, Dezarn WA, Nutting C, Sangro B, Wertman D, Garafalo M, Liu D, Coldwell D, Savin M, Jakobs T, Rose S, Warner R, Carter D, Sapareto S, Nag S, Gulec S, Calkins A, Gates VL, Salem R Treatment Parameters and Outcome in 680 Treatments of Internal Radiation With Resin (90)Y-Microspheres for Unresectable Hepatic Tumors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74(5):1494-500
- Gulec SA, Pennington K, Hall M, Fong Y Preoperative Y-90 Microsphere Selective Internal Radiation treatment plan for Tumor Down-sizing and Future Liver Remnant Recruitment: A Novel method of Improve the Safety of Major Hepatic Resections W J Surg Oncol World J Surg Oncol. 2009 Jan 8;7(1):6. [Epub before printing]
- Gulec SA, Baum R. Radio-guided Surgery in Neuroendocrine Tumors J SURG ONCOL. 2007 Aug 28;96(4):309-315
- Gulec SA. PET-probe led Surgical treatment. J SURG ONCOL. 2007 Aug 28;96(4):353-357
- Dorn R, Kopp J, Wogt H, Heindenreich P, Carroll RG, Gulec, SA. Dosimetry- led radioactive iodine therapy in clients with metastatic classified thyroid disease: Largest safe dosage making use of a risk adapted approach. J NUC MED 2003 44: 451-456
- Gulec SA, Gaffga CM, Anthony CT, Su JL, O’Leary PJ, Woltering EA. Anti-angiogenic therapy with somatostatin receptor-mediated in-situ radiation. THE AMERICAN SURGEON 2001 67(11): 1068-1071